Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Slices of the Paternal Tree - Part #2

 Alright, as promised, I'm moving on to my dad's mom and her side of the family... which begins with Great-Granny Thomas. 

I did do a whole write up on Granny Thomas, and how interesting she was. If I'm recalling correctly, that was the first of my posts after my "mission statement" to actually write. 

Granny Thomas was married to John Thomas and they had four children between the two of them. 

Ethel Marie (was my Granny Marie)
Mae
Nana Lou
Johnny

As previously mentioned, Granny Marie married Pep-paw Truman and had five children. In birth order, they are: 

Mary Kay
Billy Ray
Nancy Ilene
Michael Truman
Carolyn Marie (and I'm writing this very close to her birthday... so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT CAROLYN!)

I don't really know how many times Aunt Mae married, but I believe it had to have been at least twice, because she only had one son and their last names were not the same at the end of their lives. His name was also John. 

Nana Lou gets credit for being one of the sweetest great-aunts around (I think my mom really liked her) she also married twice, once (for sure) to a fellow named "Lonnie". And I think it is with him that she had their two children. In order: 

Shirley 
Kevin

Last but not least, was Great-Uncle Johnny. He and dad worked together for the last few years of his life and he and Great-Aunt Charlotte married and stayed together until his passing just a few years ago. We still try to go see Aunt Charlotte every Christmas/New Years. We meet up at that same old (amazing) restaurant that she and Uncle Johnny used to eat at all the time and just chat and reminisce. Occassionally we will see their daughter, Misty too! 

And there you have it - dad's mom's side of the family. It isn't nearly as long as dad's dad's side - but I suppose that just makes for a faster read! Haha

Write you all later, when I start on Mom's side (which is also quite substantial). 

Love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slices of the Paternal Tree - Part #2

 Alright, as promised, I'm moving on to my dad's mom and her side of the family... which begins with Great-Granny Thomas.  I did do ...