Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Mission

The purpose of this blog is to share what stories I know about my family with present and future relatives... and as a memory aide for myself.

It is my fond hope that these recollections are fun to read and have the ability to bring our lost family members back to life in a way that is thought-provoking, entertaining, and touching. 

I would love if it anyone reading these recollections remembers them also... even if they remember them differently. I'd love to see comments that add to or correct what memories I have. 

I don't know if I'll be adding photographs to these posts - though I do agree that it could be a fun addition at some future time. At this point, the focus will be on the recollections and making them as enjoyable as I can through written word alone.

What this blog is NOT for: 
Airing my family's dirty laundry

To my way of thinking, "airing dirty laundry" typically comes from a place of ill-intent and betrayal, and I do not wish anyone in my family to be hurt, embarrassed, or come to any kind of harm or trouble because of anything I choose to write here. This is simply intended to be a centralized place for my familial recollections. 

As such, and in an effort to keep the above from happening, I will likely exert more of my focus in relating the histories of those family members that have already passed away. In all likelihood there is a very high possibility that there will be mention of some of the living relations here - but only as they relate to myself and to the subject of the post they are mentioned in.  

In addition to this, I'll be using the names that (according to relatives) I know they were called by my family. It is entirely possible that their friends and other members of their community may have known them by different names or titles. I will also add in the title line of each post whether this relative was / is a paternal relative or a maternal relative... as they relate to myself and my own parents... just for some additional context. 

Now, without further ado... 
welcome to my very own... 
Genealogical Chronicles! 

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slices of the Paternal Tree - Part #2

 Alright, as promised, I'm moving on to my dad's mom and her side of the family... which begins with Great-Granny Thomas.  I did do ...